Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 127, Issue 3

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 127, Issue 3
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:43:15 -0400
Ed:

Geepers, How logical! I guess we hams don't know how to read. So, I could operate the first 60 minutes, be off the second, be on the third, etc., until I reached 24 hours total in the contest?

One MUST be careful of taking 60 minutes (at least the way N1MM counts hours off). I took 60 minutes and about 20 seconds of during the recent CQ WPX event, and N1MM didn't credit it. I don't know if the contest scoring group will credit it, but I wasn't near the max allowed, so it won't make a real difference.

Since I seldom operate even 24 hours of a contest, the subject is moot for me.

I'll be very interested in the grumbling about "not being able to choose the 'best' hours of a >24 hour stint" and still compete in the 24 hour category.. I'm sure there will be some.

Congrats on your excellent interpretation of what us dolts who need a refresher course in Forth Grayde Englyshe.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time