[CQ-Contest] IARU HF World Championship - HQ Stations

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF World Championship - HQ Stations
From: XV4Y <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 19:50:14 +0700
Bernie, fellow contesters,

For 3 years I was the only one station in Vietnam participating (with limited
time and resources) in IARU HF contest.
This was somewhat new and Bac Ai XV2A the VARC president was surprised to have
to sign the certificate...

This year he received an e-mail from the IARU Region 3 (Ken JA1CJP) inviting as
much as possible HQ stations to participate.
As my station is registered as a club station and my president is authorizing
me to do so I will participate as an HQ station.
My participation will remain limited however as I am working that week-end.

However, I must admit than even reading the rules twice I don't understand
really well what it does imply to me... except that I will need to send 599VARC
as exchange.
Could someone give me a quick summary of the differences between an SOAB LP and
HQ station participation ?

Thanks for your help.
73,
Yan.