Re: [CQ-Contest] Understanding the dynamic error free RBN algorithm

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Understanding the dynamic error free RBN algorithm
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 15:24:51 +0200
CT1BOH wrote: In 2012 CW on 40 meters out of the 993.548 spots 90% come from
922 stations out of 8000+ stations that sent logs.

I remember Jose being delighted with "democratic" features of RBN spoting as
compared to humans.  Above stats dispute that and can be simply solved by
extending repeating time for the same callsign at the same freq.  Make it 10
minutes first time, 20 minutes next, 30 minutes ever since.

"For example in CQWW CW 2012 #1 in the world SOAB was CR3E (myself). While

running I was spotted 1936 times, and #2 in the world was EF8M with 4534

spots."

So EF8M was spoted every 40 seconds on average while CR3E was repeated every
1,5 minute.  Too much of both - Hi.

One of my posts was censored so I repeat again - the main problem of RBN are
cheap QSD 0IF RX with I/Q images due to  sampling in the middle of CW bands.
Just make QS1R requirement for RBN connection and live happily ever since!

LP MMM S56A