Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC bands and contesting.

To: "Richard F DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@verizon.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WARC bands and contesting.
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 19:08:39 -0000
This idea should not be dismissed lightly. It should be hurled aside with great force!

I think that Radiosport would get a huge black eye if we even opened a public conversation.

Even though I contest regularly, I feel that there really ought to be some "game preserves" which are contest-free ALL THE TIME, and not just "go to the other mode this weekend --- contesters are running (CW)(Phone)(RTTY)."

Further, for 30-some years we've been banging the drum "if contesters are messing up your band (pick your weekend), go to the WARC bands". I don't know if that policy is a PTT regulation anywhere carrying the force of law, but it has been endorsed by major national/international societies (IARU, ARRL, JARL, RSGB, RAC, etc) and adopted into the rules of every major contest sponsor. Rolling back that agreement would fire up a shyttstorm of epic proportions!

73, de Hans, K0HB