Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switches ?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Foot switches ?
From: "Mark Beckwith" <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 10:03:01 -0500
W5OV said:

Another vote for the clipper switch!

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1810

Judging by the photo, are they wireless?  That could be a plus :-)

Seriously, I did not know there was a footswitch actually designed and manufactured for radio operators. I'm inclined to think this is probably a really good choice, although I never have used one to my knowledge.

Recently, as my footswitches have all broken after 40+ years of service (I bought three from C&H Surplus in Pasadena when I was, like, 14 years old and have pounded the tar out of them ever since), I have been replacing them with Yamaha FC-5 "sustain pedals" which are really footswitches in disguise. You can find them on eBay for $5-$15 all the time.

Enter this string: "yamaha fc-5 sustain pedal"

Mark, N5OT