Re: [CQ-Contest] Why did I not get a card back?

To: "'Charles Harpole'" <hs0zcw@gmail.com>, "'CQ-Contest Reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why did I not get a card back?
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:25:28 -0500
Charles,

I agree with your post almost completely.  The number of "bad apples" are
few.  However we were talking about the bad apples.  My return rate on QSLs
is very high and I sincerely appreciate all the effort that DX stations put
out to be sure that I get my card. I follow the instructions of the DX
station...including not sending money if they request.  BUT there are a few
stations that don't follow the rules. You are clearly not one of the bad
apples since I have cards from you, but if I QSL a station on several
occasions using the explicit instructions given by the stations and get no
response, even after talking to them about it on the air, I get miffed.

Because others have always taken the time and effort to send QSLs to me I
respond to all QSL cards, LOTW, e-QSL, and direct. I feel sure that the "bad
apples" could care less if I am miffed or not but some of us have been on
the other end of the DX QSO routine and don't think I won't remember!

Bill W5VX