Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Documentation - Update

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Documentation - Update
From: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:18:38 -0500
I was reminded that the (default) Windows Restore Point capability does NOT backup/restore personal files, which in the N1MM Logger case I sited, would fall into this category (ini would not be restored).

Depending upon the version of Windows you are running, it is possible to configure the restore feature to work with file extensions you define. But in this case, it is not a simple "Click and forget" type of tool I made it sound like.

For a better overview of the issues, this Wikipedia article provides a good overview, especially the "Limitations & complications" paragraph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Restore

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN