[CQ-Contest] Icom 706MKIIG and CW

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Icom 706MKIIG and CW
From: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:14:53 -0500
I picked up an Icom 706MKIIG recently (used) and installed the FL-101 250hz
CW filter in it.  I noticed a couple of things about it:

1. Filter blowby on CW is very noticable.  Much more so than I noticed on
the 706 original and 706MKII.  Have others noticed this as well?  Does it
really have more blowby than the early models.

2. With the 250hz filter in, it just doesn't sound all that good.  It
really knocks down the receive levels, more than I think it should.
Thinking of going to a 500hz filter instead.

Have others noticed these issues with the MKIIG on CW with narrow filters
as well?

73 John AF5CC