Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotsh

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots w...
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:20:49 -0400 (EDT)
About 1960.  I got a keyer sometime about 1962.  Of course,  telephone and
mail go back way before that, but only telephone was useful for  immediate
info for contesting or DX on the air at the moment.  DX  newsletters came in
the mail every two weeks or so.  You could make skeds  by mail or telephone
but that wasn't too useful for the guys in  Antarctica.

Phone patches were useful and sometimes the only practical way to
communicate with far flung QTHs.

Why don't we just try this Classic category and see how it works out?   I'm
sure, by the Law of Unintended Consequences, there will be some  surprises
and I'm sure the CQ folks will make changes as necessary, but be  patient.
The contest hasn't even happened yet.

73,
Ken, AB1J

In a message dated 2013-10-24 18:09:15 Coordinated Universal Time,