Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW S/O Classic Category

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW S/O Classic Category
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:22:12 -0400
Don't be mistaken, CQWW - 48 hour is a very strategic contest.

John KK9A / P40A

To:      <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject:         [CQ-Contest] CQWW S/O Classic Category
From:    "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date:    Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:32:00 -0400

Thanks CQ for creating this category !  I think it will give me a reason to
operate longer in this contest than I normally would since I don?t have to
compete directly with those who are SO2R. Plus I don?t consider myself an
iron
man so 24 hours is perfect for me. Also, how about a tribander/wires category
(like WPX) for CQWW ? After looking at the 3830 postings it looks like the
guys
who place high in SOLP have big stations like the guys who do SOHP.

I enjoyed reading K5ZD?s comments on his 3830 posting. Sounds like picking
your
off times would be very relevant when doing the Classic category. Nice to
have
a category again where strategy matters instead of sitting on a frequency all
weekend hitting the CQ button and tuning around on a 2nd radio working
stations
on other bands.

Jeff KU8E