Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Assistance - Using RBN spots with quality ta

To: cq-contest reflector <CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Secrets of Assistance - Using RBN spots with quality tags in contests
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 16:44:02 +0000
Barry N1EU wrote:

> Are there any AR Cluster clients or AR Cluster nodes that will provide
> filtering
> and pass only "V" rated skimmer spots?

You could always set that yourself

set/dx/filter skimverify or (not skimmer)

...would be a good place to start.

That might be a touch restricted since, once in a blue moon, there's a spot
from a weak station picked up by too few stations to verify.

Set/dx/filter (not (skimbusted or skimqsy)) or (not skimmer)

...would allow for a few "?" spots to come through, picking up those blue moon
situations.

SSCW was the first decent-sized contest I played in using the new logic in my
filters.   The spot processing is not perfect, but there was a noticeable
improvement over the old (Unique>#) trick in past sessions of drinking from the
RBN firehose.   Still had some busted spots, but a goodly portion of those were
either human generated spots, or were the result of stations not leaving enough
space around their callsigns to register clearly on the skimmer.  (E.g., in the
past few days, I've seen many spots of "5J0RUP".)

--
Michael Adams  N1EN
Poquonock, Connecticut  |  mda@n1en.org