Re: [CQ-Contest] Beyond "Assisted"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Beyond "Assisted"
From: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 12:51:34 -0500
W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com> suggested (regarding automatic
Morse Code ID of SSB stations):

> I think this technology can only be used in the
>

>   Poison D' Avril Contest

1. Ahem. That's "Poisson". Two "s"es.

2. OK. We are good with this rule. Proceed with implementation.

3. In an effort to allow newer CW operators to also ID CW running
stations who don't send their callsigns often enough, we are expanding
the concept to allow a short burst of SSB at the beginning of each CW
transmission.

4. As far as we can tell, this is not needed for RTTY Pd'A entrants.
RTTY guys ID enough anyway. Usually waaay too much. Please copy RYRYRY
599 599 TOO TOO BTU BTU K K K K.

73,

K1DG
Pd'A HQ