[CQ-Contest] Why and why not do this?

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Why and why not do this?
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 02:51:39 +0700
At a huge contest station I did this.......  Ten meters was my mult
assignment but it was dead, really dead.  So, bored and using a remote 40
meter antenna, I listened to the 15 meter run station and heard the people
calling in while the Run Op was transmitting.

However, because there were fewer callers while the Run Op was
transmitting, I could copy their call signs.  I did and passed a paper note
to the Run Op who could then call the next station without the Run Op
having to listen at all.  Because of my giving him a caller, he could move
to the next guy immediately, not even needing to say QRZ.

The Run Op did this for ten or so exchanges and was working very fast
because he never had to listen through the pile, only listen for the other
guy's exchange and then call the next guy with no pause.

Run Op did not like me and stopped doing this, but I saw clearly how great
a system this is.  Has anyone else tried it?

--
Charly, HS0ZCW