Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Call getting worse?

To: jeffrey.embry@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending Call getting worse?
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:50:14 +0400
I agree with those who are P-D off with bad IDing development.

Getting worse for sure and time has come to make a rule revision to enforce
better ID practices. The only thing that helps is unfortunately to make
clear punishment to those who are lazy enough not to ID. Debates here will
change nothing.  Only penalties or point reductions will.

My 5 cents are: Add a new rule that demands ID at least every third QSO -
if not, Yellow Card.

It is so easy to both run high rates and to combine that with ID at
reasonable intervall.  Poor ID practices indicate bad operating skills and
habits.

The poor ID station will for sure suffer from intentional interference by
strong stations asking them for CALL?  ? etc   I do not sit and wait
patiently tor a station to ID after 10 minutes, be sure.  I will always
start asking him before calling to see if that is a new one or not.  And I
will not give up until he IDs.  Sorry for being a bit rude.

Clean up a bit in the ID mess and we will give Non-Assisted stations a
favour they deserve.  To be Non-Assisted is hard enough and does not need
10 minute pauses to catch a call...

73 de RM2D @ RM5A, Mats