[CQ-Contest] QTH disadvantage

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QTH disadvantage
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 02:55:47 -0500 (EST)
I moved to KH6 in 2006 knowing that the boys in the big basin south  of the
US would have an advantage over me in the DX contests and in the domestic
contests.  Granted it ain't like moving to HS, but the concept remains the
same.  If I finished behind a good station like a ZF in the ARRL, no big
deal

No way was I going to do well in the NAQP since I was out of sync  with the
band flow of the contest.  However, I found contests I could do  well in
and did those.  The WAE was near impossible to do well in but I  enjoyed the
huge runs for the few hours at the bottom of the cycle that the  bands were
open to EU.

Dave, NH2T does very well in DX contests with a very modest  set up..a 40-
ft tower.

The solution, if you want to be competitive is to QSY, not to the  USA, but
to one of the neighboring "rare"countries in SEA.   :-)

By the way, the AA and Oceania contests are tough from the east  coast, but
I'll get on sometimes just to give out a Q.  IOTA isn't a  whole lot of fun
if you don't live on an island, but I'll hand a  Q or  2 in that one too.
You don't have to be competitive to  participate.

K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 11/28/2013 2:11:17 A.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,