Re: [CQ-Contest] Where to Draw the Line was: Re: Does Using ViewProp Mak

To: "'Rick Kiessig'" <kiessig@gmail.com>, "'reflector cq-contest'" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where to Draw the Line was: Re: Does Using ViewProp Make You Assisted
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 17:17:49 -0000
Your definition is certainly one, but I don't think it is the most common.
The traditional sense of assistance is anything (people or technology) that
helps you find QSOs.

It would make things a lot easier if we had a universal definition for what
assistance means in the context of radiosport.  Or if we could come up with
some new words and definitions that would allow us to start over without all
of the baggage.

CQ and ARRL contests have definitions.  Most of the rest of the contests
have given up on the distinction.  As a result, this topic has very mixed
perspectives depending on the location and age of the participant.

Enjoying the discussion.

Randy, K5ZD