Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?

To: lu5dx@lucg.com.ar, cq-contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Scoring System needs revision?
From: "XV4Y (Yan)" <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 14:14:08 +0700
Hi Martin,

I don't we need to go as far as the gridsquare :
- first if the participant does not send log it is hard to guess accurately
- second as many people do, I think that HF QSO "difficulty" is not strongly
related to distance

However I still think we need to change the "continent based" scoring system.
Something based on the "CQ Zone" seems a good compromise to me.
- Easy to guess with good accuracy from the callsigns
- add some leveling to the scoring.

73,
Yan.
---