Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] LoTW confirmation rates

To: "Ktfrog007@aol.com" <Ktfrog007@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] LoTW confirmation rates
From: Stanley Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:55:03 -0500
My experience with QSLs is that I have a 35% QSL rate per QSO with eQSL, 25%
with LoTW and 4% with paper. Many of those are duplicates. I mostly work
digital, using SSB only for contests.

I am a firm believer in electronic QSLs and only send out paper in response to
ones received. I have WAS with both LoTW and eQSL and have the CQ WPX award
both digital and mixed all with electronic QSLs. The cost of postage is too
high today to send out paper for every QSO, especially internationally. I do
use the bureaus, but only to answer ones received.

Stan, K4SBZ

"Real radio bounces off the sky."