Re: [CQ-Contest] TEST DE ZZ0ZZ ZZ0ZZ TEST

To: "'Saulius Zalnerauskas'" <ly5w.sam@gmail.com>, "'Cq-Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] TEST DE ZZ0ZZ ZZ0ZZ TEST
From: "Christian Schneider" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:03:57 +0100
Sam,
please calm down on this issue.
When I S&P and just tune in on a new QRG only hearing "LY5W" I do NOT know
whether you are just finishing a CQ or calling another station. If I don´t
want to cause YOU unnecessary QRM I do not drop my call. If I do not call
you when you are calling CQ my qrx due to your unclear termination costs ME
the time of a at least one qso because I have to wait longer.
Is this explanation enough?
Look at RTTY: "CQ" at the end of a CQ-sequence has established as good
op-pracice for the same reason.

And if you are calling a station before he has ended his tranmission - be it
"TEST" or anything else - you simply made a mistake because not hearing
properly or no having qsk activated.

73, Chris DL8MBS

LY5W wrote:
Hi,

can anyone me explain this nonsense?
When I beginning calling station he still calling... TEST and received in
better way my 5W, or only W.
Why?
Just hit those nonsense TEST on the end!!!

Sam LY5W