Re: [CQ-Contest] Using N1MM to operate 2 contests...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Using N1MM to operate 2 contests...
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 11:00:25 -0300
Hey Lloyd,

First, thanks for all the KH6 Q's over the years.

I do it all the time in up to 5 contests at once. Sometimes depending on
settings/computer speed etc. it may not be lightning quick to toggle between
them however, especially if you are using packet/telnet or how many contacts
you've made but the way I do it is set up one contest, then immediately set
up another contest.

Start out in one contest per normal,. and if you encounter a station as you
S&P that is in another contest, you would press ALT-F 2 (I think..I am not
in the shack to check N1MM) and then ALT-F 1 to go back to the previous
contest.(or is it just AL-F 2 again to go back)  I am relatively certain
that's the correct set of key strokes.(or very close; I'll explain)

In any case, what you are doing is just selecting from the file list, the
last used contest.you should see the last 4 or 5 you've entered in your file
list....I think ALT-F opens the list of last used contests and then hitting
the appropriate number (or clicking on it with your mouse if you are so
inclined) will put you onto the right contest.

As I said, it's not lightning quick and this is the way I do it for casual
operating only.  I don't think it's necessary very efficient as everything
has to load each time you switch contests, so running pileups from KH6 may
not work using this method if you were doing that, but if there is a
better/quicker/more efficient way I have not found it !

GL !

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB