Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Flex Radio Question
From: Tod Olson <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 20:59:03 -0600
Eric,

My questions are intended to prepare me for a serious look into acquiring
an SDR as a radio I might use for contest operating. This may be the third
time that I have investigated the subject during the last decade. While I
have built and operated the small SDR kits and have a friend who built
multi band transceiver using the kit design, I always felt that there were
things that kept the SDR¹s from becoming ? the radio of choice¹ for Dxers
and Contesters.  I figured that posing the question on this reflector
would give me a lot of information about what to look for when I decide to
try using one.

The folks who have made the transition to the SDR have information that
only an actual user will have. If I can collect things to look for and
test, etc. I am sure it will save me time in my investigation. Sort of
comparable to a ?literature search¹ prior to the start of a research
project in a new field for the researcher.

Tod, K0TO