[CQ-Contest] DC should (not) be a multiplier

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DC should (not) be a multiplier
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:04:51 -0400
This thread has been thoroughly twisted and untwisted, but I just saw this
amusing news story that backs up my COMPLETELY NEUTRAL (i.e., do not flame
me!) point:

http://www.wtop.com/109/3662477/Travelers-denied-alcohol-because-of-their-DC-IDs

My point:  While it might appear that the DC resident hams who push to be a
separate mult in more of the Contests are self-serving ("I can be the rare
one!"), outlanders should be aware that DC residents are in general
sensitive about their peculiar political status: no representation in
Congress, but in many areas subject to Congressional control of DC laws.

That's why there has been a DC Statehood movement for many years (and a few
attempts to loop around the Constitutional limitations on the Federal
District).

Again, please do not flame me -- I am being neutral.  (Actually, I feel
very strongly both ways.)

73, Art K3KU