[CQ-Contest] 10-10 Summer SSB Contest this weekend!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <tentenlist@list.ten-ten.org>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 10-10 Summer SSB Contest this weekend!
From: "Allen R. Brier" <n5xz@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:46:56 -0500
10-10 Summer SSB Contest this weekend!

I want to send out this friendly reminder that the upcoming 10-10 Winter SSB
QSO Party will start August 2nd at 0001Z (Friday night 6:01 pm) and end on
August 3rd at 2359Z (Sunday night at 5:59 pm). I invite you to join us in
participation this year. Paid up membership in 10-10 is not required to
participate, but if you would like to compete for awards or contribute to
the overall club score of the local Houston S.H.O.T. (Space Houston on Ten)
then you will need to be paid up.

If you haven't participated in a 10-10 contest in the past, the exchange is
your call, name, state and 10-10 number. Each contact with a station with a
10-10 number is worth 2 points; contact with stations without 10-10 numbers
are worth 1 point. Pretty simple. There are a number of contest programs
available which support the contest, including K4HAV's Win1010, N1MM (UDC),
N3FJP and perhaps a few others. Or you can turn in a paper log which is
available on the back of the 10-10 news or on the 10-10 website. The rules
are at http://www.ten-ten.org/Forms/QSO%20Party%20Rules.pdf .

I am going for my 14th win in this contest, which will put me in the lead
for the most wins in a 10-10 contest and my 4th in a row. That would tie me
with  a station in NY for the most in a row. If I win this one and the next,
I will have won the most (15) and the most in a row (5). I would really
appreciate your help to win this contest again to put me on top.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments
regarding this contest.  (Oh, and please cross-post this announcement to
other reflectors.)

Until then."See You in the Contest!"

Allen R. Brier N5XZ #4530 Houston SHOT #159

281-342-1882 (Home)

281-342-1590 (Home Office)

713-705-4801 (Cell)

n5xz@earthlink.net