Re: [CQ-Contest] antenna setup question

To: "donovanf@starpower.net" <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] antenna setup question
From: Maarten van Rossum <pd2r.maarten@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:14:01 +0200
Hi Timon,

I'm not a big station builder, I've only helped a bit at the PI4DX station.
I was wondering why you want to have 3 multiband yagi's for multipliers?
Especially considering the fact that you want to have several monoband
yagi's on separate rotating towers.

As K3ZJ mentioned, it's probably best to keep your 15 meter yagi's and 40
meter yagi's far away from eachother. Furthermore, if you want to combine a
40 meter yagi with a higher band yagi (10 of 20 meter), keep in mind that
they have very different propagation paths.
At PI4DX we had no other option then to put our 10 meter yagi's, 20 meter
yagi and 40 meter yagi in the same tower. Because of the different
propagation paths we mounted our 40 meter yagi 180 degrees from our 10 and
20 meter yagi's.
Like Frank suggested, it's probably best to put you 40 meter yagi's in the
same tower.

I feel like our 40 meter yagi isn't performing as it's should be because of
it's close proximity to the other yagi's. Unfortunately, we can't put up
more tower so we have to work with what we got.

Good luck with you super station Timon, I will be following your progress
on your website with great interest.

73, Maarten PD2R

Op maandag 25 augustus 2014 heeft <donovanf@starpower.net> het volgende
geschreven: