[CQ-Contest] Announcing the 49th running of the California QSO party!`

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the 49th running of the California QSO party!`
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <ctate@ewnetinc.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:02:15 +0000
Greetings fellow contesters!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the 49th running of the California
QSO Party, "CQP 2014".

The Northern California Contest Club, In conjunction with the California QSO
Party committee would like to invite Amateur operators world wide to join in
the fun and excitement of what has progressed from a state QSO party to a fun
and challenging contest for all!

Its just a few away, with a running time of

October 4-5, 2014
1600 UTC Oct 4 to 2200 UTC Oct 5

More than just a state QSO party, we like to call it the Mother of all state
QSO paries!

this contest has reached maturity in 49 years and boasts participation from
many countries all over the world, in addition to North American participants.
We hope you will be one of the competitors in CQP 2014!

Here is some useful contest information for the masses-

For folks who will be entering California to activate counties, please make
sure you register your county activation plans here:

http://cqp.org/cqp2014.html

You can view county activation status here:

http://cqp.org/Counties-Plan-2014.html

Counties are filling up fast, so dont delay, register your county activation
today!

Thanks to Bob, N6TV the California County Activation Coordinator.

-------------------------------------

There have been some minor FAQ changes, otherwise no major rule adjustments

Don't forget to check out the rules for CQP 2014 here:

http://www.cqp.org/Rules.html

Also, take a moment to enjoy recently added records for both California and Non
California stations.

view the California records here (new records tabulations for individual
counties are now included:

http://cqp.org/records/records-2013-ca-all.pdf

Records for Non-California, State/Province and Continental listed here

http://cqp.org/records/records-2013-nonca.pdf

thanks to Dean N6DE for doing the footwork in researching and organizing the
results.

--------------------------------------
AWARDS..  We have an amazing and fully sponsored set of Lumber awards that can
be competed for. and of course, certificates of achievement are available
online to all.

Additionally,  we offer our unique and world famous Wine awards for the top 20
California and Non-California single Op winners courtesy of Twisted Oak Winery
owner and NCCC Contester Jeff Stai, WK6I.

Check out the awards section at:

http://www.cqp.org/Awards.html
--------------------------------------
And when your done, dont forget to order our now world famous CQP shirts, thay
mysteriously change colors every year.

information on this and more at the CQP home page at

http://www.cqp.org

So lets once again get this contest season started California Style!
We look forward to hearing you all on the air for the Mother of all QSO
Parties... CQP

73 and good luck!
Chris
N6WM