[CQ-Contest] Who will be the first to 58? All counties activated for the

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Who will be the first to 58? All counties activated for the Mother of all State QSO Parties
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <ctate@ewnetinc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:15:11 +0000
Greetings fellow contesters.

Last night I received word from CQP County coordinator Bob N6TV that we reached
the milestone of confirming activation of all 58 California counties for CQP
2014, With more than 2 weeks to spare.

I encourage the contesting community to review the 2014 county activation plan
here

http://www.cqp.org/Counties-Plan-2014.html

Did you know that California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD and covers
nearly 160,000 Square miles?

The CQP coordinators are grateful to all of these operators who will be
deploying all over this great state setting up fantastic operations many of
which are Dx-pedition style remote areas including deserts, mountainous and
remote coastal regions.  Please join us in thanking this group of dedicated
operators for making this upcoming 30 hours of contesting fun possible for
amateurs around the world!

So mark your calendars for October 4th, and make preparations to kick off the
2014-2015 contest season California style.

Will you be the first one to work all 58?  You never know.. you might strike
gold!

15 days to go!

73 and GL

Chris Tate
N6WM
Contest Chairman
California QSO Party

About the California QSO Party

The California QSO Party (CQP) is held every year on the first weekend of
October.  The first CQP took place in 1966. Since 1974, the Northern California
Contest Club (NCCC) has sponsored CQP.  CQP has traditionally opened the annual
contest season by providing an opportunity for contesters to prepare for the
ARRL November Sweepstakes since the format is similar.

Stations outside of California, worldwide, work stations in California only.
The 58 counties of CA are the multipliers.

California stations work all stations in or out of CA. The 50 US states and 8
Canadian provinces are the multipliers.  Stations outside of Canada and the US
add to one's QSO total but do not count as multipliers. See the full set of CQP
Rules for more details.

Learn More at http://www.cqp.org