CQWW seems to have a lot more in mind than a "handicap." By the way, AFAI, in
a handicap can mean that you get some sort of advantage, not a penalty.
Please see the link below, noting especially item A.5. (see text below)
The CQ WW DX Contest Committee is responsible for checking and adjudicating the
entries. Entrants are expected to follow the rules and best amateur radio
of the rules of the contest or unsportsmanlike conduct may lead to disciplinary
action by the
A. Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but
are not limited to:
1. Arranging or confirming any contacts during the contest by use of ANY
radio means such as telephones, Internet, instant messaging, chat rooms, VoIP,
or web sites.
2. Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license
3. Changing times in the log to meet band change or off time rules.
4. Taking credit for excessive unverifiable QSOs or unverifiable
5. Signals with excessive bandwidth (e.g., splatter, clicks) or harmonics
on other bands.
6. Running stations not identifying in a timely manner (i.e., 1 minute).
de Doug KR2Q
CQ-Contest mailing list