Re: [CQ-Contest] Move to disband MAR section in Canada (for contesting)

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Move to disband MAR section in Canada (for contesting)
From: David Siddall <hhamwv@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:40:20 -0400
Multipliers were not created out of thin air to benefit some and disadvantage
others. Rather, they are based on boundaries created for other purposes.

Where sections are multipliers, that is what it should be.  Where states and
provinces are multipliers, that is what it should be.  This is fair when there
are  no exceptions to the rules.

DC IS part of ARRL's MDC section, so when sections are multipliers that is what
it should count for. There has never been any movement whatsoever to split DC
from the MDC section.   B U T  DC has not been part of the State of Maryland
since the 1790's, well before ham radio existed, so when states are multipliers
DC either should be counted separately or not at all.  In other words, everyone
live by whatever the rules are.  The status of W3DQ (or KE3X, N8HM, NN3RP,
W3HAC, K3VOA, etc.) is irrelevant.

73, Dave K3ZJ