Re: [CQ-Contest] Very Special Slow-Speed CWops Tests Wednesday/Thursday

To: Hank Garretson <w6sx@arrl.net>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Very Special Slow-Speed CWops Tests Wednesday/Thursday
From: Neil Martinsen-Burrell <neilmartinsenburrell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:28:19 -0600
As a CW Academy graduate, thank you very much for this week's slow speed
CWT contest.

I have been trying to participate in the CWT since early August as part of
my CW education and after first scoring the vaunted 1 point, I've made as
many as 7 QSOs in my past outings.  This week, with two months of the good
teaching of Bill K5LN and the patience and skill of everyone who I worked,
I made 21 QSOs, all on 40 meters.

I don't know if it was the CW Academy course or the more moderate speed
this week, but I was able to work stations fairly steadily over the entire
hour.  Usually I spend two or three QSOs listening for someone else's
callsign, but this week I could copy the other calls much more easily.  I
still needed lots of repeats on the names and numbers, but those came much
more easily than in past weeks as well.  I was even able to call CQ and run
4 contacts in the last ten minutes.

This week's contest was an incredible hoot for me and I look forward to
many more Wednesday nights as I work my way up toward the more respectable
speeds that I usually hear.  Thank to CWOps for the weekly contest and for
the CW Academy course and special thanks to Bill K5LN for his fine
instruction and to my fellow classmates for their hard work and support.

73,

-Neil KD0UKC