Re: [CQ-Contest] Ear bud recommendation?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Ear bud recommendation?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 11:16:07 -0800
On Tue,12/2/2014 4:48 PM, Barry wrote:
My favorite earbuds that I use with my K3 sounded terrible (and I had to turn the volume way up) with the FT1000D I was using at K0RF over the weekend. Any recommendations for something that tolerates the Yaesu's impedance?

Etymotic Research (near Chicago) makes a nice variety of earbuds that have excellent isolation and good sensitivity. I originally bought the ER4S for mixing live music in loud jazz clubs. When I retired, I continued using them in the shack. Not cheap. There are now newer models that I would choose if buying today for the ham shack. Look at the HF5 and MC5.

http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/earphones.html

73, Jim K9YC