Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC for VK/ZL

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, vkcc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC for VK/ZL
From: "Frank Hunt" <2bfrank@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 18:32:18 +1300
I reckon the contest selection criteria for WRTC 2018 is the best yet as far
ZL/VK's are concerned.

I regularly operate in the CW sections of the RDXC, WAE and WAG.Over
the past 12 years I've operated 9 times in the RDXC, 9 times in the WAE
and 7 times in the WAG. And by operate I mean that most years I've put in
some serious butt in chair hours!

In fact I find all these three contests more interesting and challenging than
the CQ/ARRL contests or even the OCDX contest. The CQ contests in
particular are the easiest contests of all to rack up a big qso total/score,
WW - exchange in 99% of cases is software pre-emptive, WPX - nearly
everyone is a multiplier!

It should be remembered that prospective WRTC TL's only have to select
12 contests out of a possible 26, so you can ignore the none CQ/ARRL
contests if you so choose.

And what about RTTY? There are CQ WW, CQ WPX and WAE RTTY
contests. So there should be a RTTY section in the IARU contest and
RTTY contests should be included in the WRTC Team selection criteria -
now that would really stir things up!

73, Frank  ZL2BR (ZL2B/ZM2B)