Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments / FAQs on WRTC2018 qualification rules

To: VK4TS Trent Sampson <vk4ts@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Comments / FAQs on WRTC2018 qualification rules
From: Stu Phillips <stu@k6tu.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 23:35:38 +0000
On Dec 8, 2014, at 12:23 PM, VK4TS Trent Sampson
<vk4ts@outlook.com<mailto:vk4ts@outlook.com>> wrote:

True internationals like WPX IARU HF Champs 1000 - Although the rules have
been released it is not too late to change them as the first round is still
2 months away.

Alas the loss of face for our Euro-buds would be as devastating to the
WRTC-2018 committee as losing the battle of Agincourt to the British was in
1415.

Even the Pope had this to say…

"Europe seems to give the impression of being somewhat elderly and haggard,
feeling less and less a protagonist in a world which frequently regards it with
aloofness," the 77-year-old pope told the European parliament.

My favorite view of this whole mess is from John Cleese…

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/926647-alerts-to-threats-in-europe-by-john-cleese

And Yuri said they were illogical… yes, but like love, he’s looking for logic
in all the wrong places.

Propagation will likely SUCK mighty in 2018 as we will be close to the end of
this cycle…  I wonder if they have given much thought as to what that will do?

Me says no!
Stu K6TU