Re: [CQ-Contest] The"highandmighty"syndrome

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The"highandmighty"syndrome
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 15:06:37 -0500

I see much friviology and snarkines about "The High and Mighty" syndrome, but little discussion of how we recruit and educate newbies into the "exclusive club." Members of this "club" don't seem to want to do much of anything to recruit newbiesl It seems the majority of folks like to sit around and complain about the few who try to join the fracas, but make minor mistooks in protocol.

At the rate we're going, the contest community will cease to exist within a generation or less.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time