[CQ-Contest] Yamaha CM500

To: <artboyars@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yamaha CM500
From: KL7RA <richkl7ra@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:11:36 -0500
Hi Art

So, do you need the Syba (or whatever) external box to get the DC, or does the CM500 come with an adapter

The headset comes with the adaptor which is just a little
battery holder with two double A's and the mic in and out. Puts the battery DC on the ring going to the mic and from that adaptor the audio is on the tip going to the radio. This is a headset designed for a PC so you can also just plug it into the computer soundcard and then cable audio
out back to the radio mic in. The soundboard provides the
correct DC bias. The Window's audio sets the levels for mic in, audio out and the wave file which is the recording for the voice keyer. I found the PC's I use for multi-op have very poor soundcards that pick up a lot of noise from the motherboard so I use the Syba USB external devices that provides the correct DC as well and sound excellent for DVK during a contest.
73 Rich KL7RA