Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technical questions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R technical questions
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 19:52:14 -0400
Just occurred to me that I had both preamps engaged in radio 2 which is an
IC746.  It's S-meter seems overly generous anyways.  Looks like 2nd and 3rd
harmonics are more like S9+10dB with no preamps on. (only time I would need
them would be maybe on a quiet 10m band to pull out super weak signals).the
initial "spike" is higher, which I think is a function of the Icom digital S
meters which I really don't like.

So, at constant S9+10dB readings (initial spike higher).solid dashes @ 30wpm
CW.am I safe?

Is there a better way to measure?  FM mode?  Readings with a scope of some
kind or ?

Thanks

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey