[CQ-Contest] How to change rules in a Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] How to change rules in a Contest
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:14:44 -0500
Why don't we discuss something concerning something over which we have some control, like:

"How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

We here in this contest will NOT be able to convince the organizers of contests of the irrationality of nor the reason to change the use of Sections in Contests.

I've been advised by my Dictator, errr, Director of the Grate Leaks, errr, Great Lakes Division that in order to make any even minor change in the rules of a contest, the Contest Advisory Committee (CAC) must be consulted first, then the Bored of Dictators, errr.... Board of Directors may or may not concur with the recommendation and may or may not make a change. And, the change may or may not be congruent with the advice give by the CAC.

So, how about some august members of the group who wants a change get together, preferably with support of a sympathetic Director, and petition the ARRL to make a change, with logical, non pejorative arguments, and include signatures of a significant number of "recognized top contest ops" along with the peitition? Methinks this would be somewhere between 0.001% and 100% more effective than "p....ing and moaning" about these rules as they currently exist.

With private contests, such as CQ, and now the SSB Sprint, this may be easier. But, jawboning about it in this medium won't "hack it."

Yes, we may vent our spleens, etc., but will this accomplish anything, really. Really? REALLY?????

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time