[CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcing the North America SSB Sprint-boycott from "MAR"
From: "Jeff Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:11:08 -0500
Mike,

Thanks for all the QSO’s over the years from you and all your MCC friends. It’s
nice to work you  all whether if it’s MAR , NB,NS, PEI,NF or whatever because
activity has never been that high in any of the NA/NCJ contests from your area
or from Canada as a whole – except for VE3 (Thanks CCO).

I have never understood why the RAC/ARRL sections are combined to begin with
since we are in separate countries. Also , just about every other contest
except the CQWW and WPX have a variation of counting Canadian sections or
providences as multiplers. Why don’t they include the states in Mexico too –
with the exception of the Ten Meter Contest? That being said you should be
thankful the contest sponsors do this because if they just counted you as
Canada you would be no rarer than me working a station in CA. I have to believe
you being in MAR would help you to generate QSO’s in a contest as much as if
you were NB.

I hope you all reconsider your boycott.  We could use some more activity from
Canada in NA/NCJ sponsored contests as a whole. Many USA stations are active
and support the RAC contests. I would think those contests would be pretty
boring without activity from your friends down south. What do you say?

Jeff KU8E