Re: [CQ-Contest] How to change rules in a Contest - MAR

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to change rules in a Contest - MAR
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:47:04 -0500
Boycotting a contest will result in your opinion not getting heard.

Participating in a contest, and particularly getting vigorous on-air
participation from all mults you want to exist, will be a far better
argument for making a rule change.

Note that the required exchange for the sprint is "your name and your
location (state, province, or country)". I quote that verbatim from the
rules. I would suggest best way to comply with the rules, rather than
giving a false location, is to for example say "I'm in DC which by the
rules counts as Maryland so you want to type Maryland into your logger" or
"I'm in New Brunswick but it counts as MAR so you want to type MAR into
your logger". These sentiments are easy to express on phone. Maybe not so
easy to express in CW where someone will try to type the entire sentence in
the little logger box maybe, and then complain because the Cabrillo
truncated it :-)

Tim N3QE