Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE. (with NF/LB)

To: "'Tom Haavisto'" <kamham69@gmail.com>, <w1ve@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] More on Mar vs NB NS and PE. (with NF/LB)
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:40:32 -0400
Hi Tom !

I am not exactly sure what Gerry meant by that. Perhaps he can elaborate?

I know myself, and I think Andy is in the same boat a lot of time, is that I
will get on for a few hours merely to hand out the NB mult.

That’s not what we are trying to make clear however.

We are trying to make it clear that except for the ARRL SS, certain remaining
contests arbitrarily group us (VE1,VE9 & VY2) with Newfoundland/Labrador (VO1 &
VO2) to make one big blotch on the map and call it Maritime.  It’s not.
Everyone *else* gets their own State/Province to represent.  That’s really all.
 Not much more to it than that.  It’s an education to some who think we are
always MAR, or always separate provinces or whatever.  I don’t know.

Maybe nobody has ever voiced their opinion publicly or even privately in the 22
years we’ve had distinct prefixes.  Who knows?  We tend to be pretty quiet up
here most of the time.

I can’t promise a miracle if we are ungrouped, nor can I promise everyone up
here will be happy.  No more than we already are/aren’t.  We’re just asking
people to think logically and treat everyone exactly the same.  I would no more
group all of New England and paint them with a broad brush any more than I
would group everyone in Canada east of Quebec City, so I don’t see the logic.
It cannot be based on RAC (it’s not a RAC section) nor can it be based on
activity….otherwise RI, DE and ME might be a section with NE, MT and KS.  Maybe
VE4 should team up with VE5? Hi hihihih…. OK, I am getting carried away.

I really don’t think superstations in our area is part of this discussion.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB