[CQ-Contest] Contest Rules and Canada

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest Rules and Canada
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:02:05 -0500
Why would anyone inside Canada gripe about contest rules? Consider this.

You live next to a country that has the highest number of active contesters in
the world.  The number of active contesters in Canada is a fraction of what it
is in the US.

Here are some of the advantages you enjoy:

CQWW 160 Contest - You get 5 points for every US station you work. I only get 2
points.

CQWW - You get 2 points for every US station you work. I get ZERO points.

CQWW WPX - You get 2 points for every US station you work above 40 meters. You
also get 4 points for every US station you work on 40 meters and below. I get 1
point.

ARRL sponsored contests - The activity from each VE section/province is usually
only a handful of stations in each area except for VE3. That makes it desirable
for casual contesters wanting to work you in SS so they can get a sweep

Plus your frequency allocations on SSB allow you to operate places that US
stations can't giving you a clear frequency to run stations.

For some reason many contest sponsors like to group our two countries together
as one. You benefit from this much more than your good friends to the south.

Seems like we get no respect in the USA despite all the major contest sponsors
being based here.

I agree 100% with the comments that KR6X made.

Jeff. KU8E