Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R - One or two power supplies

To: Charles Stackhouse <cstack14478@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R - One or two power supplies
From: Jeff Stai <wk6i.jeff@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:06:16 -0800
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Charles Stackhouse <cstack14478@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am setting up a two K3 SO2R setting. Any particular reason to use a
> single or separate DC power supplies for each radio?
>
> Thanks, Charlie W2GN

Even though the K3 has stopped transmitting it still draws more current for
a while. At least in one SO2R situation I was in, if I failed to wait a
couple seconds between unkeying one and keying the other, the supply
drooped and shut off both rigs (this was worst case running RTTY). So yes
you can use one supply but I would make sure it can handle two K3s key down
at full power to ensure you have plenty of margin and avoid a shutdown. 73
jeff wk6i

--
Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff@gmail.com