Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending in a Check Log

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending in a Check Log
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 16:46:20 -0600

On 05/04/2015 02:19 PM, KU7Y wrote:
I sent a log in as a check log a few years ago.  Here's why:

The only problem is that I forgot to change N1MM to the new bands so
everything got logged as 20m!

I checked with the contest sponsor and sent the log in as a check log with
an explanation of what I did.

That was the only way I could see to make sure no one got a NIL due to me
not sending in a log.

But Ron, that is exactly the problem - Checklogs ARE used in the log adjudication process, and therefore, by logging stations on the wrong band, you caused others to get a NIL unless the contest manager remembered to do "special handling" for your log.

73,
Steve, N2IC