[CQ-Contest] 40 Meters SSB

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 40 Meters SSB
From: Albert Crespo <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 14:09:06 +0200 (CEST)
Many USA stations call me below 7150. They call constantly until I tell them
they are out of the band and then they usually stop. Sometimes  this happens
because of the useage of Internet spotting and just using the mouse to move the
transmitting frequency. Whatever, it is a violation of the USA's license.
I find this practice happening more and more. It is clearly cheating if the QSO
is claimed for the score . The burden is not on the non USA station to know the
frequency allocation of the USA station license.
The software should be progrmmed to catch this nonsense because the logs of
both stations should reflect the transmitting frequency.
If the USA station's log does not reflect the correct transmitting frequency,
then the log should be considered a check log.
In this age of ham radio software being free or at a very low cost, there is no
reasonable excuse for not indicating the transmit frequency.
The few hand written logs that are  submitted should   require the transmitting
frequency. Anybody submitting a hand written log and cheats doing so, well that
person is just a nutter.
If the software can catch this nonsense, and  if it is a patten and not just a
once or twice mistake, then the log should be DQed.
73, Albert, TO5A, 6W1RY, NH7A, etc.