Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted vs Unassisted

To: <ko7ss@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted vs Unassisted
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 00:32:12 -0000
In this age of Evinrude and Mercury and Honda and.... it seems almost archaic to have sailboat races.

In this age of trains and planes and automobiles..... it seems almost archaic to have 26-mile footraces called marathons.

etc, etc, etc, etc.

Nothing against those who use RBN, Spotting, Skimmer, etc --- they have their own category and it is alive and well.

There are many of us who wish to play in a radiosport contest with no spotting assistance. We simply want to preserve a category where we use only our own receivers and ears to stalk down and bag the prey. We'd no longer be able to be competitive if lumped into assisted/unlimited.

73, de Hans, K0HB

-----Original Message----- From: ko7ss--- via CQ-Contest

The easy way to not worry about any of this is to just enter SOABHP(A). In this age of RBN and local skimmers and bandscopes, it seems almost archaic to have
an unassisted class.

73, Bill