[CQ-Contest] WWROF and WRTC2018 announce fundraising partnership

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WWROF and WRTC2018 announce fundraising partnership
From: "Martin Gloger, DH3MG" <dh3mg@wrtc2018.de>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 22:33:04 +0200 (CEST)
DAYTON, OHIO -- The World Wide Radio Operators Foundation (WWROF) and the
WRTC 2018 Organizing Committee is are pleased to announce that the WWROF has
started collecting donations for WRTC2018 effective immediately. In the
United States, WWROF is recognized by the Federal Internal Revenue Service
(IRS) as a tax-exempt public charity, thus donations will be tax-deductible
for U.S. taxpayers to the extent permitted by the law. John Dorr, K1AR,
Chairman of WWROF said, "We are very happy to partner with the WRTC2018
organizers in this way. WWROF's charter is to assist in the improvement of
amateur radio operator skills around the world, utilizing education,
competition, advancement of technology and scientific research as well as
promoting international friendship and goodwill. WRTC is well aligned with
those goals."

The WRTC 2018 Organizing Committee highly appreciates this cooperation as
the WWROF is a well-known and honorable Organization supporting ham radio
operating on a sufficient high level on all fields of our hobby like
technological development, international networking, but also practical
support for young contesters. The WWROF was founded by international
recognized and successful contesters like K1AR, K3LR, and K3EST, just to
name a few. The WWROF also supports distinguished contest events like the
CQWW DX contest by funding awards, log-checking infrastructure, and more.

WRTC 2018 president Chris, DL1MGB, extends his thanks for this support as it
shows hamspirit and worldwide friendship. WWROF had also a huge impact on
the WRTC 2014 success by providing financial, technological and last but not
least personal support. We are grateful for the support ofthat we could win
the WWROF as partner. We are all working hard to make WRTC 2018 a
once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Donations from U.S. taxpayers only can be sent via mail to WRTC-2018, WWROF
Inc., PO Box 10424, Midland, TX 79702-7424 or via PayPal to
WRTC2018@wwrof.org.

About WRTC2018

The World Radiosport Team Championship (WRTC) is held every four years and
consists of 50+ two-person teams of amateur radio operators from around the
world competing in a test of operating skills. Unlike most on-the-air
competitions, all stations are required to use identical antennas from the
same geographic region, eliminating all variables except operating ability.
Previous WRTCs have been held in Seattle/USA (1990), San Francisco/USA
(1996), Slovenia (2000), Finland (2002), Brazil (2006), Russia (2010), and
New England/USA (2014). More information is available at
http://www.wrtc2018.de, or contact WRTC2018 Chairman
Christian 'Chris' Janssen, DL1MGB, via e-mail at contact@wrtc2018.de.

About WWROF

The World Wide Radio Operators Foundation was created in 2009 by a group of
radio operators who saw a need for an independent organization devoted to
the skill and art of radio operating.

WWROF believes that amateur radio contests provide a means of testing
operating skill and that worldwide contest sponsors can benefit from the
support we can provide. WWROF provides infrastructure support fo rmany major
contests as well as a series of Webinars on topics related to radiosport.

The Directors and Officers of the World Wide Radio Operators Foundation are
all well-known and highly-respected radio operators. In addition, each
brings a specific skill set and proven track record in his professional
career to the management of the organization. Visit
www.wwrof.org for more information.