Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Preview of CQWW Rules 2015
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 21:32:23 +0000
I'll admit that I'd think twice if I were asked to record each and every
contest here.  That reluctance wouldn't be due to having anything to hide or
finding something offensive about the request; instead, I'd need to think about
how to do it without bogging down my shack computer unacceptably...and really,
I imagine that if it were more than a trivial effort to set up for recording,
the "fun quotient" would shift enough that I might consider limiting myself to
checklog submissions to spare myself the hassle.

However, looking at the rules...it doesn't seem like there's currently a
proposal for everyone to record their contesting.  Instead, it looks like it's
a revision to an existing rule.  Previously, the CQWW Committee could ask a
contester to let someone in to look around during the contest.  The rule change
makes recording the contest an option instead of permitting a visit.

So far, the Committee hasn't asked to visit my shack to inspect my pipsqueak
operation.  (If that changes, I hope they give enough notice to clean up the
place!).  I would think that the odds of being asked to make a recording would
be similarly low....unless there's a reason to expect questions to be raised.

--
Michael Adams | N1EN | mda@n1en.org