Re: [CQ-Contest] Qrp r?cords

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Qrp r?cords
From: Brett Graham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 02:24:33 +0000
KP4KE's CQWW DQ was one of three cases I went into detail in a presentation I gave at APDXC a few years ago about cheating in radiosport.

The DQ was for self-spotting.

The number of times he allegedly self-spotted himself was not all that great (<1/hour, if I recall correctly) & did not appear to have much effect on his rate.

His rates - particularly on the low bands - were rather impressive for QRP.

Equally impressive was how anyone could be certain it was him spotting himself.

Needless to say, the audience did not seem all that impressed with that - or the other cases I covered.

-KH6/ex-VR2BG/p.