[CQ-Contest] Recording Software

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recording Software
From: Jeff Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:38:59 -0400
With the possibility that top scoring stations maybe needing to record the
contest I have been doing some research to figure out what we might need to do
for our PJ4A contest operations.

Wonder if anyone has heard of QSO Recorder that was written by K3IT? It's a
plug-in to N1MM Logger. See http://pa1t.com/qso-recording-in-n1mm/ .

For what I understand it's a program that runs in parallel with N1MM Logger.
The INI file in N1MM is setup so the two can talk to each other. It writes a
file with the audio to a folder that you specify. BTW the software is free.

Another option is to by a digital voice record. There are models made by Sony,
Olympus and others that hold GB's of data for under $100. Not a big investment
considering the amount of $$$ that many top contenders put into their stations.
Not sure how much you would need for a 48 hour contest?

If anyone has used QSO Recorder please provide me some feedback off the list.

Thanks, Jeff KU8E