Re: [CQ-Contest] If u want scoring changes...

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] If u want scoring changes...
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 16:16:38 +0000
Remember that we got the Classic overlay for CQWW after discussion on separate
SO1R and 24 hour categories reached a point where it looked like we were going
to have a side-contest held parallel to / in conjunction with CQWW.

I suspect that if consensus emerges within the contesting idea on an
enhancement to the contests which will increase participation and/or the fun
factor without imposing an undue burden on the scoring and results reporting,
there's a decent chance that it would be added.

I don't know that the debate on this reflector has reached a point where there
is anything resembling a consensus...or at least not one that doesn't prompt
the creation of umpteen bazillion categories, or generate complex results
beyond the volunteers' ability to tabulate given their available resources and
timeframes.

--
Michael Adams | N1EN | mda@n1en.org