Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 qualifications

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 qualifications
From: Ken Low <kenke3x@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 21:22:14 -0400
4O3A wrote:

"Once more I would like to ask our German friends to reconsider two
important parts of rules:

1.    Qualification period. It is really too short. Needless to repeat
reasons why it should be longer.

2.    Weight for categories to correct MS weight from 0.9 to 1.0, as
it was earlier. As majority of active contest stations will try to
qualify for WRTC, this will disqualify MS  for next two years. If it
wont be changed, or WRTC qualification  or MS participation in next two
years must be sacrificed."

Hi Ranko -

The counter-arguments would include:

1.   Qualifying is already underway.   Changing those rules now is not fair to
anyone who seriously entered the first four events and picked their entry
category based on current rules.

2.   Multi-Two style in WRTC requires high proficiency of both team members as
Single Operators.   Quite consistent to test it in qualifying by assigning 1.0
factor only to Single-Ops.

3.   Lots of XYL's around the world really like the 2-year qualifying period,
not 3-years.   Less time away from family.   There is more to life than
radiosport.

73,

Ken KE3X